Treatment Planning Functional Esthetic Excellence
This hands-on course provides the participant with a programmed approach to diagnosis and treatment planning. Utilizing the standardized records taught in the lecture course, Functional Occlusion – From TMJ to Smile Design, each dentist will learn how to visualize optimum dentistry from an esthetic, functional, biological and structural perspective. Special emphasis will be placed on the four options of treatment (reshaping, repositioning, restoring and surgical correction), so that the correct option(s) are chosen for each patient. Additionally, each student will learn how to segment large treatment plans, so that patients with financial issues can receive optimum care over time.
The focus of the program is to integrate a comprehensive treatment planning process into their practice. Suggestions will also be made on creating time and a place for optimum treatment planning. Finally, a consultation process will be discussed in detail, ensuring each participant will enjoy a healthy case acceptance rate.
- Establish a step-by-step process for treatment planning any restorative case, from the simplest to the most complex
- Explore why 90% of mistakes occur not during the restorative phase, but rather during the treatment planning process
- Plan and visualize ideal esthetics and ideal function
- Design programmed treatment planning process
- Discover the need for/value of quality records
- Master the 16 functional and esthetic components of every healthy, functionally correct dentition
- Investigate how the teeth should be positioned in space for optimum esthetics, phonetics and function
- Identify specifically how to utilize the diagnostic photographs in conjunction with mounted diagnostic models to visualize an optimum course of treatment
- Create a segmented treatment plan so that optimum care can be delivered over a longer period of time
- Organize your schedule and create a treatment planning process within your practice
- Breakdown your schedule to create a consultation process within your practice; one that will connect with your patients wants and needs, as well as boost case acceptance
20 CE Credits
For complete course information including dates, locations, and cost, visit the Dawson Academy website here.